Adrian Turner, Mountaineer, Secret Agent, Fireman… Ade would dearly like to be any of these things, though he’d trade them all to win the heart of feisty Public Relations Executive, Paige.
Instead, he’s a disillusioned school teacher, on suspension, after an unfortunate incident with a heavy piece of computer equipment. And somebody’s foot.
And Paige? Despite being his girlfriend for the past eighteen months, she still seems to have one foot out of the door and hasn’t quite committed to leaving a toothbrush in the bathroom.
Of course, it doesn’t help that she’s working with her ex-boyfriend, Sebastian. A man who in almost every way imaginable is better, taller, wealthier, hairier, and infinitely more successful than Ade.
Is Paige still in love with Sebastian? Why then did she suggest they get away for a few days? Some place romantic…
But when Adrian finds himself in Slovenia – with Sebastian in the room down the hall – he realises there’s serious possibility that he’s in danger of losing his job, his mind, and the woman he loves…
From best-selling author Peter Jones comes this hilarious romp about love, and the things people do to keep it from getting away.
More about the book
- Read amazon reviews here
- Read what Kim of Kim The Bookworm thought about the book here
- Read what Vicki of Vikbat thought about the book here
- Read what the Reviewers over at Devilishly Delicious Book Reviews thought about the book here
- Read what Dashfan thought about the book here
- Read what Marianne of Books, LIfe and Everything thought about the book here
- Read what Donna of Donna’s Book Blog thought about the book here
- Read what Christina of Writing Around The Block thought about the book here
- Read what Waggy Tales thought about the book here
- Select the edition of your choice: ebook | paperback | USA
Rom Coms are usually pretty easy to predict once you start them…this one certainly isn’t and I loved that about it. It’s a really enjoyable read that keeps you guessing as the story unfolds. It is everything the Amazon book title says it is – charming and funny. You really can’t go wrong with this one.
Nice one Peter Jones, well written, made me laugh frequently, overall very enjoyable, I recommend to any fans of wonderfully charming rom-coms.
This book has everything a romantic comedy should have. Characters you love, characters you love to hate, great descriptions, lots of laughs and a horse!
This was brilliant … seriously funny with several twists (I won’t give too much away for fear of spoiler alerts). The story is full of highs and lows and you just can’t help but get behind the hero. The characters feel so real (one reminded me of my ex-wife, but I can’t mark the book down for that!!!) and I’m sure I won’t be the only one who recognises various personality traits.
Having read Peter’s other earlier novels it’s great to see him evolve/mature as an author and if he ever reads this review, all I can say is “hurry up with the next one!”
- Paperback (ISBN: 978-0956885692) – FIRST EDITION. Published October 2017 – available immediately from amazon, and to order from all good bookstores.
- Amazon Kindle eBook (ASIN: B075Z82918) – FIRST EDITION. Published October 2017 – available from amazon and readable on all ‘smart’ electronic devices via the free amazon kindle reading app