Like most things in life, dating isn’t quite as straightforward as it would first appear.
The definitive guide to twenty-first century dating – whatever your age – from the best selling author of How To Do Everything And Be Happy.
This completely updated, second edition of Peter’s popular dating book includes
* Tinder; Yay or Nay? – how to make Tinder less frustrating
* D*ck Pic – how to avoid getting *those* type of messages
* Flash Bang Wallop What a Picture – how to take the perfect selfie and why it might be a good idea to include a horse in your photo
* First Contact – what to say in your opening message, and what to do when they reply!
* Forget ‘First Dates’! – the smarter, easier, stress-free way to meet someone for the first time!
* Sex On The First Date? – that question, answered.
* What Type of Pizza Are You? – how to score at Speed Dating events
* The Four Laws of Dating – as non-negotiable as gravity!
* The Ten Golden Rules of Dating – break them at your peril!
And much, much, MUCH more…
If you’ve ever found dating a challenge, if you’ve found dating apps or websites to be less than fulfilling, if the thought of a ‘first date’ terrifies you, this book will guide you through the potential pit falls, help you avoid the liars and Lotharios, and show you how meet and date people you actually like.
- Read posts about this book
- Read the opening chapter here
- Find out what others are saying about the book here
This is available in all good bricks & mortar bookstores and of course Amazon, who also sell the ebook
The audio book:
We’ve teamed up with audible.co.uk to give you the chance to get a free copy of the audiobook. Just use this link, follow the instructions and search for ‘How To Start Dating and Stop Waiting’
Along the way From Invisible To Irresistible and How To Start Dating And Stop Waiting mention numerous rules, laws and TLAs – all of which appear at the back of the paperback and ebook editions of the books. If you happened to listen to the audio version, or you can’t be bothered to reach for your bookshelf (be it real or virtual) you’ll find links to all three appendices below.
- TLAs – some of the more common TLAs (three letter acronyms) and abbreviations you’re likely to come across in dating profiles, messages or ‘chat’ sessions can be found here.
- Golden Rules of Dating – Protect yourself from future heartache and heartbreak. The Nine Golden Rules of Dating can be found here
- Laws of Dating – As inescapable as the laws of physics, the Four Laws of Dating can be found here
How To Start Dating And Stop Waiting references a handful of other books – some of which you’ve probably heard of. Links to all of them are below
- How To Do Everything And Be Happy (Peter Jones)
- From Invisible To Irresistible (Peter Jones)
- Influence – Science and Practice (Dr Robert Cialdini)
Research & Citations
Here are links to the numerous scientific studies mentioned in both books. Please notify me if any of the following appear to be broken, or I appear to be missing a study mentioned in the book.
- The Oil Diet described in From Invisible To Irresistible (in the chapter Changing Your Image is based on research performed by Dr Seth Roberts (PhD), and described in his scientific paper entitled “What Makes Food Fattening? A Pavlovian Theory of Weight Control” published in 2005 a paper.
- 50% of all modern relationships / romances probably started online – a little number crunching of my own from several different sources, Check my figures here
- Half of all people asked have cheated ..and 70% would given half a chance – Sourced from: Associated Press, Journal of Marital and Family Therapy (Research Date: 1.1.2014). More fascinating numbers here.
- A third of ‘cheaters’ are happily married – Sourced from: Helen Fisher, author of Why Him? Why Her?: How To Find And Keep Lasting Love – also mentioned in this article.